Getting DAC Advice

The Diosecan Advisory Committee endeavours to respond promptly to all applications for advice. As the nature and complexity of proposals varies widely advice can be given about some applications more quickly than others. This may become evident when other official bodies (e.g. English Heritage, the local authority) need to be consulted about proposals.

Some building projects will require planning permission and/or building regulation approval. It is the applicant's responsibility to check whether permissions are needed other than a faculty.

If you are considering applying for a faculty you should contact the DAC Secretary at the earliest opportunity with your proposals. Do this well before any decisions are made on the work you hope to carry out. The Committee normally offers informal advice before detailed proposals are submitted.

If you have not yet finalised your plans and would like guidance and/or a site visit, please complete the Pre-Application Form and submit it with the information requested.

Click here for more information on preparing and submitting applications for advice.

Download the Application for Advice Form here.

Application for Advice Interactive version.