Council Tax Payments

Parishes pay the Council Tax for their parsonage on behalf of their vicar. The local authority is asked to send Council Tax bills to the parsonage for the attention of the PCC Treasurer. Clergy are asked to pass the bill to their PCC Treasurer as soon as possible. Treasurers are then asked to deal directly with the local authority to arrange payments.

Treasurers are reminded that during an interregnum, a parsonage house being held vacant and unfurnished for a minister of religion is exempt from Council Tax for the duration of the vacancy.

The Board of Finance will continue to pay Council Tax on behalf of stipendiary curates and those sector ministers who qualify for Council Tax payment under the present system.

If you have any queries about the payment of Council Tax, please do not hesitate to contact the Property Secretary.