Where can I go to get help?

You should start with your local child protection coordinator.

Remember that there are people within the diocese who can advise you.

If you have a concern and need to make contact about a safeguarding issue, please contact Abbey Clephane-Wilson, Safeguarding Officer, on 0161 828 1451 / 07436 589606 or abbey@manchester.anglican.org. If you need to make urgent contact outside of office hours contact the Church’s Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) on 0845 120 4550.


Listening line 0845 120 4553

A special listening line has been set up for those who have been affected either directly or indirectly by abuse in a church or cathedral setting. The helpline will be staffed by the Church’s Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) - an independent safeguarding charity and is available 7 days a week. Calls will be handled sensitively and confidentially.

If you are really worried and need emergency advice always contact your local Family Protection Unit via your local police station, or local social work Safeguarding Team.

For online sources of information please click here.

Move to the final section, Completing your assessment.