Being a Treasurer: The Basics
Bridge Community Church, Rider Street , Leeds LS9 7BQ
28 September, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. IN: Training
This course has been freshly updated for 2019 and looks set to continue being extremely popular with new and experienced treasurers alike. With a very practical approach, “The Basics” will equip today’s treasurer with the knowledge needed to carry out their multifaceted role. Subjects covered include:
- Treasurer as Trustee: Churches as Charities; Responsibilities of Trustees
- Treasurer as Bookkeeper: Managing Finance Operations; Keeping Accounting Records; Fund Accounting
- Treasurer as Planner: Budgeting; Risk Management
- Treasurer as Optimiser: Gift Aid; GASDS; VAT
- Treasurer as Communicator: Trustees’ Annual Report; Financial Statements; Independent Examination
These are full day sessions, with registration at the venue from 09:30 and the course itself running from 10:00 to 16:00. Refreshment and lunch breaks throughout the day are built into the programme & are always a great opportunity to interact with fellow treasurers.
The cost of £50 per person includes all materials, lunch and refreshments. All ACAT events are open to members and non-members.
Click here to register.