Manchester Diocese Board of Education Children's Work Officer
The Children's Work Officer is Mrs Karen Beale. She provides the following services to parishes in the diocese:
- Regular Enews
- Inserts into clergy mailing
- 'Networking' via Deanery Links and fostering inter-parish contacts
- Links with other organisations and campaigns, e.g. Christian Aid, MANYOG
- Advises visitors to the Resource Centre at Church House
- Purchases and recommends new resources
- Produces or commissions packs on various topics
- Annual training programme, toured around the diocese
- Contributes to management and delivery of 'Core Skills' courses
- Inputs to ministerial training programmes
- Organises and contributes to special events, e.g. diocesan conferences, children's services
- Manages the Bishop's Certificate in Children's Ministry, levels 1, 2 and 3
- Contributes to the management and leadership of the Church Colleges' Certificate in Children's Ministry.
- Response to requests from parishes and other bodies, e.g. Mothers' Union, Deanery Synods or Chapters on a variety of topics.
- Admission of Children to Communion before Confirmation: promotion, advice, research, production of resources.
- Child Protection (Safeguarding): general enquiries
- Support parishes in achieving the Child Friendly Church Award.
Click here for News for Children's workers.
The Children’s Officer is here to help you develop your work with children, but sometimes it can be hard to identify exactly what you need!