Stepping Stones aims to do two things:
- Encourage all Christian people and churches that sharing the Christian faith, evangelism, is possible
- Show that church-based evangelism involves having a simple plan in place to provide people with opportunities to take steps towards faith in God through Jesus Christ.
So, here are the key features of Stepping Stones:
- Church based – church as a good environment for Christian growth
- Simple plan – getting organised to help people grow
- Offering steps – small steps for anyone, at any stage – Stepping Stones
- Towards God – steps in the right direction, growing in Christian faith.
and what is it?
- Ideas and resources - most will be found here on the hub
- Training events – look out for Stepping Stones events
- Sharing stories – on the hub and internet
- Audit tool – to assess which steps you already have in place, and which you don't!
and most importantly …
- Collaboration – you can add to Stepping Stones – every page had a ‘contribution link’ for you to suggest an idea, tell a story, submit a video.
Stepping Stones downloads
On each page there are links to resources and websites. Click to see what’s there!
Here are some resources about the whole strategy – you can use these in your church.
• Stepping Stones leaflet
• PowerPoint presentation for your PCC or leadership team about using Stepping Stones as a strategy for developing evangelism
• Audit Tool… coming soon! You will be able to use this to assess which stepping stones you provide for people, and where the gaps are!